Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thoughts on Life AFTER Diapers...

Can you believe it?  The Ellis house is diaper free!  



Clearly, I didn't have much foresight when I came up with the name for my blog..  But, in my defense, I started this blog  when my oldest was still in diapers.  And, with at least one other child in the plans, it seemed as if diapers would be a permanent part of motherhood...   I never imagined that I would stick with blogging...  But here we are, over five years later...

Oh wait... let me answer the questions I just raised when I said "at least".. As far as planning goes.. We're done.. Though we have not taken official steps to take care of this..  I'm not sure I want to take votes on what should be done about this issue.  However, if your opinion is that my husband should take care of this matter since I birthed the babies, I know he'd be thoroughly stoked to hear your thoughts.    Anyway,  Emma and Chloe have made it clear that they don't want a baby brother.   If we could have stuck another one in the middle of Emma and Chloe, we might have gone for three..  But, they are getting to ages where we're really being able to do some fun things with them.. And I think we're happy where we are... Plus, I'm really nervous about the thought of being outnumbered anyway.

Anyway, despite my refusal to admit that Chloe was old enough to be potty trained, the kid succeeded in potty training herself.. So I waited until we were officially totally out of diapers, even at night, because I didn't want to have to change my blog name.. I know, lame..  But, my clever friend Jay came up with a solution that wouldn't rock my little mommy world too much.  And who knows,  maybe I'll keep this long enough to take that "after" back off when I have grand babies..  It'll be here before we know it!

So to those mommies out there who are up to their elbows in baby poop... It really does "pass".  Pun intended.. And despite what people who have clearly forgotten what it was like to be covered poop say... You might miss the sweet, sweet diaper days when you hung the moon and they didn't have the ability to talk back.. But, YOU WILL NOT MISS THE POOP...

Blessings,

Dana

7 comments:

Mandy said...

We got the older boys out of diapers only to become out numbered and right back INTO diapers. LOL We are gluttons for punishment. But at least they are cute, poop and all. :)

Hyperactive Lu said...

LOL Cute post! And smart friend... love the new blog title! :)

I guess I'm having my children close enough that right before one gets out of diapers, we have another.... so we have always had 2 in diapers for a short while and then 1 in diapers.... I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!

And I really REALLY wish you'd let us vote on whether you should have more! ;) Just kidding! I'm slightly envious of people that can just GO and not do the baby thing anymore, but I'm unfortunately/fortunately just not there yet...

Love you sweet friend! Hope all is well!

EmilytheCreative said...

First- I love the new blog name!

Second- I am all for the man taking care of the baby multiplying issue. Kent did for us. However, do not let Adam talk to Kent about the experience.. otherwise he won't go through with it. Lesson to be learned.. Do not go to a "teaching hospital" to get your vasectomy done. And ask for more drugs!

Click Photography said...

:) hehe "pun intended"

Love it! --- and I know I am going to miss these baby days, but I SOOO miss being able to leave the house on a whim without having to pack half of the house to take with me...

Michael and Hannah said...

Somebody give that woman a trophy!!! Sadly it will be years until I earn my induction into this society!

Sara-Beth said...

Yipee! I am sure the grocery/drug store bill will appreciate this new step. We just can't seem to get there.

Liking the new title lots!

Kristen said...

Congrats on being past the diaper stage, we went one more, so we've got a couple of years left at it (maybe shorter?)
*my husband recently took permanent precautions that our girl will indeed be our last, if you are tallying up