Monday, April 14, 2008

Mission Accomplished!

Well, I've said many times that I'm pretty good at several things but I think I'll be searching my whole life for the one thing that I'm great at. I stand corrected.. I'd make a great cow! Friday, I started to pack up the milk that I've collected for the milk bank and then I realized that the milk bank was closed on Saturdays so I had to wait until today. That's why Emma is wearing different clothes in the pictures.

My original goal was to collect at least 100 ounces by the time Chloe turns 8 months old (the fat content is the highest before 8 months). I collected 28 bags with at least 4 ounces a piece so that makes 112 + ounces. It took a little longer than expected because I kept getting sick and had to take medicine and it has to be at least 24 hours since you've had as much as a tylenol and then Emma having a broken leg made things interesting too. But, I reached my goal. And I'm super excited about that.

Anyway, we packed it up today and took pictures to commemorate the occasion. I'm glad that I did it but I'm also glad to be done with it! Emma said a sweet prayer for the babies that will be receiving the milk and it's sitting on my front porch in the cooler waiting for fedex to pick it up.

We've got a contract on our house here and a contingent offer on a house in SC. I'll write a post soon with an update on all of that but I can just tell you that God's fingerprints have been all over it.

Here is a link to where I told about the National Milk Bank if you are interested in knowing more.


Blessings,
Dana



12 comments:

Julie said...

Love, love, love the picture of the girls at the top of your site!!! That is perfect. Wish they were reaching for a daisy - that will be a while away in WV! I can't see the other pics you posted. there's just a little square with an "X" in the middle. I'm curious to see all the milk! That is such a wonderful gift to give. I know how much those Momma's and babies will benefit. (Oh and I can see the countertops and appliances sparkling in the background!)

becky said...

congrats on the house stuff already. that is awesome!! and that is some serious milk production!! (of course you are talking to someone who has never even provided for her own kids, much less have the heart to do that for others.) that is cool!

Tony and Susan said...

those first two lines were SO funny!! that is SO awesome that you did that!! i still wish i could have done more for my kiddos!

Michael and Hannah said...

Yay! What a wonderful accomplishment. You are such a special woman to give of yourself in such a personal and time-consuming way. I love it that you involved Emma in the giving. How sweet that she said a prayer for the babies receiving it! You should do something fun to celebrate!

becky said...

i know...you should take emma to celebrate with a...milkshake! (come on...you know i'm funny!)

Jay said...

The milk is amazing, but what is more amazing to me is how big those girls are... I can't wait to see you guys! --If I haven't told you already, I am SO excited about your move!!

Tammy said...

I am so proud of you for doing that. I wish I would have known about it in time enough to do it. I'll have to try to remember for next time.
I so enjoy looking at your blog and keeping up with you and your girls. I can't wait to see you when you get closer. Good luck with the houses and move. I know it will go well!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bessie! I love the picture at the top! I need a new 5X7 of the girls. One with their faces showing and Emma's head not "floating"! Chloe has grown so much, I need a new one. Why don't you work on that in your spare time! LOL. Love you guys, Aunt Denise

Dana said...

Now that Chloe is moving, you may be stuck with floating head picture for a while. Out of about fifty pictures, the one at the top was the only one worth keeping. I'll try to keep my camera available if any kodak moments happen.

Love you!

Anna said...

this is one of the many reasons why i love you.. not you being a cow :) but your servant heart that keeps on giving. you're one amazing girl and i really do hope i can be more like you. i love you!

Unknown said...

That's an amazing feat! I've just started to wean Charlie from nursing which means I get to put the pump on the shelf for a while! Yay! So I know how you feel about getting that task done. I am, however, inspired to do this whenever my next little one comes along. Thank you for sharing this experience. You have an amazing servant's heart not only to do it but to involve Emma.

Anonymous said...

i'm so impressed! great job!